Sr Director of Policy
Source: beBee S2
Company is seeking to hire its first Sr. Director of Policy to join our business and market development team. In this role, you will lead the company’s statutory and legislative analysis, political and regulatory engagement, and overall policy strategy to achieve our commercial goals and objectives. This role will work closely with our business leaders across sales and origination, asset acquisitions, structured finance, development, legal, and commercial analysis.
This position’s primary responsibilities will include tracking and analyzing state and federal energy policies, collaborating with industry coalitions and trade groups, and identifying regulatory and political opportunities to advance our business interests.
The Sr. Director of Policy will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
• Continuously track federal, state and local regulatory and policy developments related to solar and energy storage markets across the US.
• Lead DSD’s advocacy work, including direct engagement with public utility commissioners and staff, collaboration with industry trade associations, and coordination with outside counsel/consultants on solar policy matters.
• Gather market intelligence and strive to be an industry leading thinker.
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the distributed solar regulatory landscape with other functional leaders at the company supporting community solar, project development, structured finance, and energy storage.
• Determine business impacts of regulatory proposals and build and drive positive policy outcomes.
• Engage with and follow various trade association and policy groups in the industry to identify market opportunities for DSD.
• Be part of strategic plan development to enter new markets with clear and well thought out plans.
• Help set goals and timelines for success in existing and new markets.
• Assist in the implementation of key political strategies.
• Help author and deliver presentations on policy and advocacy movement to executive and leadership staff at DSD.
• Represent DSD as a regulatory expert in meetings with regulators, agency officials, legislators, utilities, other companies, trade associations.
• Advanced degree in economics, policy or law strongly preferred
• At least 10 years work experience in energy regulatory policy
• Proven experience working with state regulatory commissions
• Experience with California agencies, utilities, and entities (e.g., California Energy Commission, California ISO, muni utilities, CCAs, investor owned utilities)
• Excellent verbal, written and personal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complicated and technical policy points effectively
• Demonstrated analytical ability, particularly relating to pricing and financial impacts of regulation and incentives
• Ability to rapidly digest, synthesize and summarize technical information
• Commitment to ensuring inclusive and equitable outcomes in all that we do, both internally and externally
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently, to manage time and multiple deadlines
• Successfully work with a broad range of partners and the ability to collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
• Ability to thrive in an evolving and dynamic environmentJob Requirements
5 days ago
San ramon, Ca
Job Description SummaryThe Sr. Account Director is a key role in C&W with responsibility to manage the client relationship while providing exceptional client service and delivering on all aspects o
Cushman Wakefield - San jose, California - Jooble US
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer and other diseases. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of "off-the-shelf" gamma
Adicet Bio, Inc. - Menlo park, California - beBee S2
Sr. Director, Corporate Initiatives Westlake Village, CA; Santa Clara, CA; Chicago, IL; Austin, TX; New York, NY; Scottsdale, AZ Sr. Director, Corporate Initiatives Realtor.com’s
Realtor.com - Santa clara, California - Jooble US
Sr. Director, Process Development Richmond, CA Summary Seeking a Sr. Director, Process Deelopment to support our growing family. This role will be responsible to oversee the ac
Ascent - San pablo, California - Jooble US