Engineering Manager, Maps SDK
Source: beBee S2
Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether you're watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today's forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We're changing how people move by live-mapping the world.What We Do
The Maps SDK team builds the public libraries that power our mobile maps. Customers of our SDK include apps on Android and iOS, small and large. We work with devices of all shapes and forms, from the latest flagship phone to tablets, laptops, smartwatches, HMD, and embedded boards. Our developers build apps, games and navigation experiences that top the App Store and Play Store rankings, and we are constantly working together to help them build what's next, whether that's an Augmented Reality game, a popular consumer app, or an autonomous driving experience.What You'll Do
- Mentor and support engineers on the team, helping them grow in their career.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, inclusion and data-driven decisions.
- Drive company, product, and team objectives, carrying the team along in the decision-making.
- Work with Product and the Engineering Team to define the roadmap for the Maps SDK.
- Work closely with product to figure out what our customers need, and develop a strategic plan to address them, for example via RFCs or FAQs.
- Contribute to business and product planning.
- Depth in software languages applied to mobile development (experience with Swift, ObjC, Java, Kotlin a plus).
- Focus on Apple and/or Android technologies.
- Experience establishing standards for quality of work, including clearly designed API interfaces, documentation, thorough test coverage, and leading effective code reviews.
- Expertise leading, designing and building end to end mobile apps and/or SDKs.
- Experience in a manager capacity.
- Passion for the operational excellence of your systems including aspects of: monitoring and metrics, triaging regressions, resolving customer issues, and improving a product continually over time.
- Proficient at evaluating multiple perspectives and crisply articulating strong opinions based on principles and data.
- Ability in coaching and stretching peers across all levels, including colleagues at earlier stages in their careers. Strong emotional intelligence and consensus building skills are a must.
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
6 days ago
District of columbia, United states
Engineering Manager in the South WestEvery food factory needs a strong Engineering Manager, and we have an opportunity in a very attractive part of the Southwest. Is it time for a change of work sc
CV-Library - North carolina - beBee S2
Industrial Engineering Manager (Experienced Professional)Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!- - - - - - - - - - - -Michelin is searching for an Industrial Engineering Manager (Progr
Michelin North America - Lexington, South carolina - Jooble US
About Us IZEA Worldwide, Inc. ("IZEA") is a marketing technology company providing software and professional services that enable brands to collaborate and transact wi
IZEA - Null, North carolina - Talent US
Position Overview At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. - Columbia, South carolina - Jooble US