PT Security Officer (Harrisburg)
Source: beBee S2
Job Summary: Officers are the college's first responders for
emergencies and are responsible for patrolling and inspecting the
assigned campus and providing safety and security to all students,
staff, faulty and visitors as necessary. Additional
responsibilities include conducting investigations, enforcing
conduct regulations and completing appropriate safety and security
documents as required. Travel to other campuses may be
Shift/Days Expected to work: Saturday and Sunday, 7 a.m. - 3
p.m. Available for additional 12 (flexible) hours Monday - Friday
beyond required Saturday and Sunday (7 a.m. - 3 p.m.) hours.
High School Diploma or equivalent and one year of experience in law
enforcement, security, or related field; or an equivalent
combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully
perform the essential duties of the job.
PA Act 235 Lethal Weapons with Firearm or Act 120 must be obtained
prior to start date.
Preferred Qualification: For full consideration, your
application must include a copy of your PA Act 235 certification or
document confirming you are enrolled and will obtain prior to start
PA Act 235 Lethal Weapons with Firearm (A copy must be provided
CPR & AED
Valid Driver's License
Clean Criminal History Background (No Misdemeanor/Felony
Must pass Security Department Physical Fitness Program
Positions in this class typically require: standing, walking,
pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
Light Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of
force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg
controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for
Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is
rated for Light Work.
Incumbents may be subjected to odors, dusts, gases, poor
ventilation, extreme temperatures, possible exposure to blood or
OPIM (Other potentially infectious material), disruptive people,
imminent danger, and a threatening environment.
The Equipment You'll Need:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role
will provide their own technology equipment while working
- Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or
laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari,
- Access to broadband internet connection at all times during
employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast
- Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate
synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB
Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive
technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above
and are selected for the role, you can request a special
accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on
documented need and inventory availability.
Hiring Range: $14.19 – $17.74
Job Specific Task List:
- Patrols college campus, conducts safety checks of emergency
doors & lighting as well as fire extinguishers. Inspects
interior and exterior of buildings for obvious signs of damage,
break-in or unusual activity; monitors surveillance cameras and
responds to calls for service from students, faculty and visitors.
- Officers are first responders and will respond to calls for
policy enforcement, medical emergencies and local, state, federal
law violations while also coordinating with outside agencies for
assistance as needed. Officers will also respond to calls for
escort, assistance and other service calls as requested while
determining need for further action, including running to respond
to an emergency; defense against or restraint of an assailant; and
assisting or dragging someone to safety. - (Essential)
- Conducts armed money escorts as requested to transport college
assets. - (Essential)
- Enforces parking and traffic violations; provides traffic
assistance and control. - (Essential)
- Conducts preliminary investigations of suspicious or criminal
activity; gathers information and determines next steps to be
taken. - (Essential)
- Provides security for special events; enforces policies and
regulations concerning traffic, crowds and college equipment and
grounds. - (Essential)
- Performs administrative support activities such as completing
incident reports, relaying communications and researching
information. - (Essential)
- Bears and will use firearms as a last resort to protect
him/herself and others from death and/or serious bodily injury. -
- Attends all required training sessions. - (Essential)
- In the absence of a supervisory officer, it may provide
day-to-day guidance to other security officers. - (Essential)
- Travel to other campuses may be required. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
If part-time, hours per week: Up to 28 hours/week
About Us: "https://www.hacc.edu/AboutHACC/index.cfm">www.hacc.eduOur Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:Excellence
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
7 days ago
Harrisburg Area Community College
Title: Security Officer Location: Harrisburg, PA Schedule: 12 PM - 12 AM (Noon - Midnight) Pay Rates: Based
Signal 88 Security of Philadelphia - Null, Pennsylvania - Talent US
Echelon Protection & Surveillance is seeking experienced armed security agents. All applicants should have appropriate experience and be highly adaptable. Specific, mandatory training provided upon h
Echelon Protection & Surveillance - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Jooble US
Overview: Work for a company where your contributions are recognized and rewarded. Apply for your next security position at Prosegur. We are always hiring professionals eager to exceed customer expect
Prosegur - Chester, Pennsylvania - Jooble US
JOB DESCRIPTION Employment Type: Part time Shift: Day Shift Description: St. Francis Medical
Holy Cross Hospital - Trenton, New jersey - Talent US