Structured Cabling Technician - Indianapolis, IN
Source: beBee S2
The HIGHEST PERFORMING NATIONAL CONTRACTOR OF EXCELLENCE, delivering on our Cornerstone of Reliable Resources, Outcomes, and Insights; dedicated to innovation, quality, and our genuine care for people.
Integrity > Customer Service > Safety > Sales Growth > Teamwork > Return on Investment > Performance > Personnel Development
GAYLOR ELECTRIC is committed to the safety, well-being & future of its employees!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Company Match Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Company Match 401K
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Best in Class Craft & Management Training
- Opportunities for Growth
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Equipment Adds, Moves, and Changes-requires the ability to execute complex equipment installation, modifications, and testing.
- Design and physically install CAT3, CAT5e, CAT6, 6e, and 6A structured cabling distribution systems
- Installation of telecommunication outlets, cable, fire stopping, and pre-termination
- Install and terminate both multi-mode and single-mode fiber
- Installs, identifies and terminates various types of cable and wire in various locations, including coax, data and power cables including understanding of industry standard color code.
- Test, turn-up and troubleshoot all equipment installed.
- Perform new and retro-fit Commercial Data, Voice, Fiber Optic and Paging cabling installations.
- A strong working knowledge of TIA and BICSI Standards; including installation, trouble shooting and service.
- Proficient with the proper use of trade hand and power tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of electronics and telephony equipment.
- Ability to install, test, modify, and repair a wide range of support equipment.
- Adept at using test equipment in the testing and troubleshooting of circuits and equipment.
- Proficient with the installation racking and framing equipment.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of fiber-optic, coax and network cable, and telecommunications/electronic installation procedures.
- Understanding of current telecom industry installation procedures. (ie. Telecordia, BICSI or equivalent)
WHAT YOU OFFER
- EDUCATION: High school graduate, holder of G.E.D., or equivalent studies/experience.
- EXPERIENCE: 3+ years or equivalent experience lead technician with voice/data, fiber optic cabling CCTV installations, T-1, D-Marc extensions, Cat 5, Cat 6, Cat 6a & Ethernet.
Installation knowledge of fiber optic cabling, terminations and testing. BICSI Certification highly preferred
GAYLOR ELECTRIC, INC. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityJob Requirements
6 days ago
Cable TechnicianField TechnicianInstallation TechnicianAre You Looking to Join a Team Dedicated to Career Development and Growth?Who we are:National OnDemand, Inc. is a company dedicated to providing
NATIONAL OnDemand - Indianapolis, Indiana - Jooble US
Prime Communications is Hiring! Lead Cable Technician About Us Prime Communications is a national provider of security, mobility, and infrastructure solution
Prime Communications, Inc. - Indianapolis, Indiana - Jooble US
Konecranes Inc Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category Country: United States Location: Greenwood, IN, US<b
Konecranes - Greenwood, In - Appcast US
Job Description Country: United States (US) Location: Greenwood , Indiana (US-IN) Location details:Office located in Greenwood, IN. Service area is in around
Konecranes - Greenwood, In - beBee S2