Associate Scientist, Sequencing Biochemistry and Reagent Development
Source: beBee S2
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We are looking for an associate scientist to join the reagent development group and be part of a highly energetic and collaborative team.
- Design and conduct hypothesis driven experiments
- Implement and maintain process workflows and good work practices
- Support the optimization of reagents for our new NGS technologies
- Write and version SOPs and work instructions
- Collaborate closely with upstream research teams and downstream ops/manufacturing teams as products evolve
- Analyze data, record, and present results
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering, or equivalent field of study, with 1+ years of relevant experience (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered)
- Experience with standard molecular biology and biochemistry techniques such as buffer preparation, PCR (end-point, real-time, droplet), NGS library prep, Bioanalyzer, capillary and gel electrophoresis, binding and activity assays
- Experience in assay optimization, especially assays involving DNA manipulating enzymes
- Hands-on lab experience
- Strong organizational skills, display a can-do attitude and be flexible about their activities
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities are required, along with the desire to work both independently (highly self-motivated) and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Diligent record keeping and attention to detail
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
2 days ago
San diego, California
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience
BioSpace - San diego, California - beBee S2
Sr. Research Associate (Sequencing Research Group) needed for a contract opportunity for Yoh Scientific’s client located in the San Diego area. This position is with a major pharmaceutical company tha
Yoh - San diego, Ca - beBee S2
Scale Biosciences, Inc. (ScaleBio) is an early-stage life science tools company developing single-cell sequencing and spatial solution offerings for the research and clinical application markets. T
Wiley Job Network - San diego, California - beBee S2
Associate Scientist I fora contract opportunity with Yoh’s client located in San Diego, Ca. The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess: B.S./M.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology,
Yoh - San diego, Ca - beBee S2