Director of Engineering, Battery Module
Source: beBee S2
Form Energy is a team of passionate people tackling the challenge of climate change through transformationally low cost energy storage. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough technology problems in massive markets and embody our values of humanity, excellence and creativity. The company is backed by a diverse set of committed investors and we have raised over $100M to date.
Role Description We are looking for a Director of Engineering, Battery Module to lead the development of the electrochemical battery module, which is the core repeat unit of Form Energy’s long-duration energy storage system. The Director of Engineering, Battery Module will be responsible for leading an interdisciplinary engineering team to define, develop, and ramp the first generation battery module product. The ideal candidate will bring direct experience from the development and high-volume production of complex electromechanical, and ideally, electrochemical, products. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of technical team management, leading a team to achieve aggressive goals with limited budgets and tight timelines.
What you'll do:
- Lead the team responsible for Form Energy’s battery module, which integrates multiple fully-scaled cells into a functionally integrated DC building block.
- Work closely with the systems engineering team to integrate controls and auxiliary systems within the battery module
- Manage rapid design, prototyping, and testing cycles to burn down product risk
- Own the product development lifecycle for the battery module, from laboratory testing and concept definition through to a detailed engineering design package and supplier ramp
- Define and manage engineering development, design validation, and process validation programs, including the definition of testing plans and acceptance criteria
- Initiate and integrate key quality processes and tools in the battery module development activities
- Define and manage cost-down programs for Form Energy’s battery module, achieving tight cost targets for grid-scale energy storage
- BS or advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, or similar
- 10 - 15 years of industry experience developing electromechanical products
- Experience with electrochemical devices is a strong plus
- Experience developing new manufacturing equipment and processes
- Experience managing a new product development initiative, through commercial launch and support
- Demonstrated track record of leading and managing interdisciplinary teams to deliver outstanding results on tight timelines and budgets
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
7 days ago
Form Energy is a team of passionate people tackling the challenge of climate change through transformationally low cost energy storage. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tou
Form Energy - Somerville, Massachusetts - Jooble US
We are currently seeking a Battery Engineer/Scientist for our Materials & Corrosion Engineering Practice in Natick, MA. In this role, you will work as part of a team to solve challenging, real worl
Exponent - Natick, Ma - beBee S2
Type: Permanent Experience: Executive Management (SVP, VP, Department Head, etc) Education: Master's Degree Category: Engineering Indust
MRINetwork - Boston, Massachusetts - Jooble US
Nanoramic Laboratories is an innovative, high-tech start-up company. We trust our employees and wholeheartedly believe in the value of transparency at all levels of the company. We trust ou
Nanoramic Laboratories - Boston, Massachusetts - Talent US