Source: beBee S2
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF PAYROLL SPECIALIST:The Payroll Specialist carries primary responsibility for the accurate and timely processing of the bi-weekly payroll cycles. This encompasses preparation of payroll for approximately 300 employees, standard and voluntary deductions (which include health plans, a 403(b) retirement program, dependent deductions, vision, voluntary life insurance, union initiation fees and dues, and a flexible spending program).PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Process bi-weekly payroll FOR 300 employees
2. Administer automatic deposit requests, maintenance of payroll records, report preparation, and salary allocations.
3. Extensive use of payroll software programs and Paycom a plus.
4. Recommend changes to and assists in the development and implementation of procedures to optimize all processes.
5. Responsible for year-end activities such as vacation, sick, and floating holiday calculations, W-2 distribution, and file purges.
6. Maintain employee timesheets, process manual checks, and compile and enter data as required, checking for accuracy and supervisor approvals.
7. Conduct bi-weekly audits to ensure accurate interpretation of pay practices and contracts.
8. Serves as contact and work in a team.
9. Prepare quarterly payroll tax returns and preparation of tax reconciliation spreadsheets.
10. Research and resolve tax payments and refunds.
11. Administer FSA enrollments, reports, deductions, etc.
12. Verify and implement union deductions, wage garnishments, salary verifications, and other regular reporting.
13. Initiate benefit invoicing.
14. Prepare annual 403(b) reconciliations.
15. Conduct various other audits.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree and/or an acceptable combination of education and work experience.
Must be reliable, dependable, deadline-oriented, and have an affinity to detail.
Excellent verbal and written communication, and with proven organizational skills.
Must understand payroll tax laws, regulations and controls.
Solid judgment and decision-making abilities.
Two years or more processing payroll (with an outside payroll vendor).
Attention to detail is crucial and one must be able to set and meet priorities.
Possess a strong sense of accountability and ownership and proactively resolve issues.
Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Excellent customer service skills.
Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
2 days ago
San francisco, Ca
Creative Financial Staffing
Job Description POSITION OVERVIEW Experience with Paylocity is required. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for processing the company pay
CMG Financial - San ramon, Ca - beBee S2
COMPANY SUMMARY You'll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunit
Placement Club - South san francisco, California - beBee S2
Job Description To apply for this position please send your resume to [Email available when viewing the job] Location: Concord Pay: $60-80K (DOE) Position: Payroll
Ledgent Finance & Accounting - Concord, Ca - beBee S2
Job Description SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF PAYROLL SPECIALIST:The Payroll Specialist carries primary responsibility for the accurate and timely processing of the
Creative Financial Staffing - San francisco, Ca - beBee S2