Principal Software Engineer
Source: beBee S2
Job DescriptionCompany Description
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at:[Link available when viewing the job]. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. [Link available when viewing the job] supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
Grow your career by becoming a member of AIR’s Software Development team. We are seeking an experienced, motivated Full Stack Developer to participate in software development within an Agile team developing web applications. You will be responsible for work in all stages of SDLC, from reviewing requirements, to design, to develop and test, to deployment. We are looking for a candidate who can quickly pick up new technologies, respond quickly to change and adapt to changing requirements.
- Design and development of cloud-hosted web applications for insurance industry from high-level architecture and network infrastructure to low-level creation of site layout, user experience, database schema, data structure, workflow, unit testing and end-to-end integration testing etc.
- Working from static application mockups and wireframes, developing front-end user interfaces and page templates in HTML 5, CSS, SAAS, LESS TypeScript, bootstrap, Angular and third-party controls like Kendo UI/Infragistics.
- Design and develop functional and responsive web applications by collaborating with other engineers in the Agile team.
- Help team in building cloud native Geospatial solutions
- Develop REST API.
- Implement UI Automation along with development responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of T-SQL and database programming with any RDMS system.
- Strong problem-solving skills Fast learner and keen to learn.
- Excellent listening skills Good written and verbal communication skills Enthusiasm, energy, and creativity
- B.S. in Math, EE, CS or Software Engineering; M.S preferred.
- 2+ years of GIS Software development experience with open stack is a huge plus – GeoServer, MapBox, OpenLayers, MapServer – In general Serverless GIS experience is preferable
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in development of commercial-grade software products (C#, .NET).
- DotNet Core and Angular experience is a big plus.
- 1+ year in developing, deploying, and supporting SAAS product onto the cloud.
- 1+ years of working with cloud AWS or Azure
- Strong understanding of Agile process and best practices
- Strong knowledge of latest technologies and trends.
- Ability to develop use-cases from business requirements
- Ability to collaborate effectively with project stakeholders outside of Dev. group, especially with Product Management on feature requirements and project schedules.
- Ability to provide effective technical leadership and oversight to development team on a project, ensuring that software is developed in adherence to established architecture, design, quality standards, as well as delivery schedule.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
[Link available when viewing the job]
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
[Link available when viewing the job]
7 days ago
Principal Software EngineerThe Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop
Dell - Hopkinton, Massachusetts - Jooble US
Principal Software Engineer- REMOTE Organization : Digital - Boston, MA ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Compris
ENGIE Impact - Suffolk, Massachusetts - Jooble US
Principal Software Engineer [DIG00000208]ENGIE Impact Principal Software Engineer Organization : Digital - Boston, MA ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutio
ENGIE Services - Australia & New Zealand - Boston, Massachusetts - Talent US
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates in
Foundation Medicine, Inc. - Boston, Massachusetts - Jooble US