Float Patient Service Specialist Towson, MD
Source: beBee S2
Job ID Location US-MD-Towson Experience (Years) 0 Category Administrative - Administrative Services Street Address 515 Fairmount Avenue Company NovaCare Rehabilitation Position Type Per Diem Overview Are you someone who absolutely loves to be of service to others?
Do you enjoy when people depend on you for help? Are you organized and detail-oriented? Do you thrive on building relationships with others?
If so, the Patient Service Specialist role could be a great fit for you. This is not your average front desk, receptionist position - it's so much more! Working as a Patient Service Specialist at Select Medical can be a highly fulfilling job that allows you to not only have a positive impact on the patient's experience, but also your coworkers' experience, and the results we achieve as a company.
At Select Medical, every team member has a critical role to play in the success of our patients and our company. As a Patient Service Specialist, your performance is one of the keys to our ability to consistently provide a great place for patients to receive care and treatment, as well as a great place for employees to work. So while you will be stationed at the front desk, you will be making an impact on every patient's care experience.
Select Medical is the nation's leading physical therapy provider and our teams are dedicated to the communities we serve and to delivering an exceptional patient experience in a welcoming, positive, and helpful environment. This Patient Service Specialist position goes above and beyond the normal duties of a secretary or receptionist. As an employee at Select Medical, you will have the ability to impact people's lives in truly meaningful ways every day.
We are looking for someone to join our team who will help us make a positive impact in the local community. General Requirements: The ideal Select Medical employee is
- Adaptable and Flexible: willing to adapt or adjust to accommodate your colleagues and patients
- Patient-centric mindset: the patient always comes first and you will make the first and last impression on them
- Exceptional communication skills: communicate proactively and with empathy
- Detail-oriented: people count on you to ensure all the details are done correctly the first time around
- Team Player: you will be an integral part of a clinical team Responsibilities
The ideal candidate possesses the ability to perform the following patient services activities with positivity and excellence:
- Warmly greet every patient with eye contact and a smile
- Register new patients and let them know what to expect during their visit
- Schedule appointments
- Verify insurance and present information to patients clearly and concisely
- Collect co-pays
- Obtain insurance authorizations when required
- Communicate with our corporate central business office
- Conform to all HIPAA guidelines
- Be a team player Schedule:
- Clinic Location: Towson, MD
- Type of Employment: Per Diem Float
- Hours: See below
- Full medical and dental benefits: No
- Previous medical office experience: Strongly Preferred
- Previous experience with insurance/billing: Strongly Preferred
We are looking for someone with availability between 7am-7pm Mondays-Thursdays and 7am-4:30pm Fridays. This position will involve travel to various offices across the region for additional coverage when someone calls out sick or is on vacation. Please note, we are not able to guarantee hours each week. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment (faxes, copiers, computers, telephones, etc.)
- Ability to type 40 words per minute preferred Physical Requirements:
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and reach consistently throughout a work day/shift
- Appropriate manual dexterity to enable typing (including10-key) throughout a work day/shift
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs, safely, from ground to waist using proper body mechanics
- Ability to carry office supplies up to 10lbs
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written direction
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions Additional Data
At Select Medical, we achieve results through our strong cultural behaviors and want employees to:
- Be Patient-Centered: focus on the needs of patients to help improve their lives
- Build Trust: speak up, make good decisions, and trust others to do the same
- Own the Future: own your success and take action to build a successful career
First: understand that good data is key to achieving superior results
- Celebrate Success: recognize and reward others for the value they create
- Create Change: innovate in how you perform your role Select Medical is the nation's leading outpatient therapy provider and our teams are dedicated to the communities we serve and to delivering an exceptional patient experience in a welcoming and positive environment.
We operate over 1,740 locations in 37 states, plus the District of Columbia, primarily operating as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical teams provide preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals.
Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payers and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. We are looking for someone to join our team who will help us make a positive impact in the local community and throughout our company!
To apply, complete our FULL HR application at Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Options
6 days ago
Baylor Health Care System
Are you someone who absolutely loves to be of service to others? Do you enjoy when people depend on you for help? Are you organized and detail-oriented? Do you thrive on building relationships w
Select Medical - Towson, Maryland - Talent US
Overview: Are you someone who absolutely loves to be of service to others? Do you enjoy when people depend on you for help? Are you organized and detail-oriented? Do you thrive on building relation
NovaCare Rehabilitation - Eudowood, Maryland - Jooble US
Job DescriptionAre you someone who absolutely loves to be of service to others? Do you enjoy when people depend on you for help? Are you organized and detail-oriented? Do you thrive on building rel
Select Medical - Reisterstown, Maryland - Jooble US
Job ID Location US-MD-Olney Experience (Years) 1 Category Administrative - Administrative Services Street Address 3300 Olney Sandy Spring Road Company NovaCare Rehabilitation Position Type Ful
Concentra Inc. - Olney, Md - beBee S2