Senior Associate Scientist
Source: beBee S2
Pfizer's in vivo functional genomics unit is focused on rapid generation of transgenic mouse models for validation of new drug targets, mechanistic understanding of disease pathology and preclinical testing. The unit applies the latest technical developments in gene editing and transgenic technology to create First-In-Class genetically engineered mouse models (GEMMs).
The position will be responsible for technical support of the unit through preparation of gene editing reagents, embryo production, post-operative care, genotyping and colony management, with husbandry support from Comparative Medicine.This is a unique opportunity to play an integral role in executing the strategy of one of the world's leading developers of novel therapeutics.
- Perform tasks related to murine colony management such as record keeping, setting up breeding pairs, sampling and weaning.
- Support identification of genetically engineered mice by performing genotyping.
- Support the procedures involved in in vivo gene editing (preparation of molecular reagents, in vitro validation, hormone dosing, embryo harvest, post-operative care, etc.).
- Participate in testing of new technologies for more efficient creation of mouse models.
- Rigorous compliance with the letter and spirit of all animal welfare and safety protocols.
- Bachelor's degree in biology or related field with 2 or more years of experience.
- 2 years of experience with mouse handling.
- 2 years of experience with basic molecular biology techniques including DNA preparation, PCR and gel electrophoresis.
- Attention to details, excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with scientists.
- Experience in mouse colony management.
- Solid understanding of mouse genetics.
- Experience with molecular cloning techniques.
- Basic skills in cell culture.
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development
2 days ago
A IS Assurance Senior Associate is responsible for planning of IS audit process and completion of testing and analysis of client software systems. In this role, the IS Assurance Senior Associate wi
BDO Consulting - Boston, Ma - beBee S2
Make your mark for patients. We’re here because we want to build the future and transform patients’ lives for the better. At UCB, our people are our experiences and achievements, our
_external, UCB - Cambridge, Massachusetts - beBee S2
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on help
Resume Library - Cambridge, Massachusetts - beBee S2
ROLE SUMMARY Pfizer's in vivo functional genomics unit is focused on rapid generation of transgenic mouse models for validation of new drug targets, mechanistic understanding of disease path
Pfizer - Cambridge, Massachusetts - beBee S2