Source: beBee S2
Supervise production line operation and personnel in accordance with plant policies and procedures including: Utility, Operator, Set-up, Leads, Shipping, and Maintenance positions. Drive performance and continuous improvement across safety, quality, cost, and efficiency KPI’s. Coach and develop associates to meet or exceed objectives and ensure smooth production during shift.
- Responsible for promoting safety awareness and keeping safety as a number one priority on a daily basis. Drive safety at the shop floor level by working with associates to complete GDC’s and workplace observations to correct hazards and implement preventive actions in the facility before an injury occurs.
- Reviews production and operating reports, provides direction to production employees, and completes root cause analysis on production issues.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other departments to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Interprets customer specifications, special requirements, and executes trials for potential new business.
- Issues duties to workers and work orders to maintenance.
- Monitors and reviews accuracy of all direct reports and completes 10 day reviews with probationary employees.
- Performs random periodic verification of product quality, paperwork accuracy and good manufacturing practices. Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Review department manning for shift and makes necessary arrangements for coverage, overtime, etc.
- Reviews production and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Anticipates production delays and plans for contingencies.
- Performs various administrative activities associated with the effective management of shop operations, including compiling, storing, entering, and retrieving production data for reports, time and attendance items for payroll processing, etc.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, regulations, and safety compliance (training, initiatives, results).
- Provides input to operations management regarding delays, problems, recommendations, etc.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Coaches and counsels workers demonstrating various methods of working with people to help them resolve issues. Helps workers learn to solve problems themselves.
- Enforces policies, procedures and guidelines through fair and consistent application of current corrective action system. Authorized to enforce company policies for safety, quality, attendance, and general business rules of conduct. Holds people accountable for their actions.
- Establishes and maintains positive employee and labor relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned to maintain effective operations and contribute to overall continuous improvement initiatives.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Experience in production supervision within a manufacturing environment. Related experience in plastics and blown film extrusion industry a plus.
- Experience overseeing unionized workforce a plus.
- Team management style.
- Advocates team concept and possesses strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills (computer, verbal, written, & presentation) and excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with basic computer skills, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, &/or production floor data entry and retrieval systems. JDE system experience is a plus.
- Results oriented with the ability to balance multiple tasks concurrently and re-prioritize quickly.
- Knowledge of safety compliance, standards, regulations, and practices.
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, results oriented and possess good working habits.
- Advanced problem solving and mechanical ability.
- Must be able to work night shifts as scheduled.
Please reference Job Code 6-19SB when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.
7 days ago
Eau claire, Wi
CASCADESFounded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more th
Cascades - Eau claire, Wisconsin - Jooble US
CASCADES Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees,
Cascades - Eau claire, Wisconsin - Talent US
Supervise production line operation and personnel in accordance with plant policies and procedures including: Utility, Operator, Set-up, Leads, Shipping, and Maintenance positions. Drive performanc
Midland Recruiters - Eau claire, Wisconsin - Jooble US
Supervise production line operation and personnel in accordance with plant policies and procedures including: Utility, Operator, Set-up, Leads, Shipping, and Maintenance positions. Drive performan
Midland Recruiters - Eau claire, Wi - Appcast US