Senior Scientist, Upstream, BioProcess R&D
Source: beBee S2
The Upstream Process Development group is seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Senior Scientist who demonstrates personal accountability for outcomes and thrives on increasing levels of responsibility . As a Senior Scientist you will design and execute cell culture experiments and drive innovative technology development efforts to deliver robust, scalable, and highly productive upstream processes. The successful candidate will work with a team of scientists from diverse functional areas to enable the delivery of life-changing medicines to patients.
We are committed to breakthroughs that will changes patient lives and welcome colleagues that share our passion. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate, develop, and implement PAT technologies to improve process understanding and process control strategy.
- Design and execute experiments in appropriate scale-down models; develop robust and scalable manufacturing processes; support tech transfer and provide technical support during manufacturing campaign.
- Develop creative and pragmatic solutions to technical and operational challenges.
- Author technical reports and contribute to relevant sections of regulatory submissions such as IND and BLA.
- Contribute to safe, efficient, and harmonious lab environment, strong lab citizen and collaborative team player.
- PhD (0-3 years), Master (5+ years), or Bachelor (8+ years) in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or a relevant field with experience in biotechnology/biopharma industry in the development and characterization of upstream processes for biologics.
- Demonstrated skills in multivariate data analytics; experience working with large complex dataset and extract information from noise.
- Strong hands-on experience with sophisticated lab instruments such as bioreactor systems and analytical equipment.
- Self-motivated, organized, and capable of working independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Expertise in developing and implementing PAT technologies such as Raman and NIR spectroscopy.
- Experience with successful process development, tech transfer and process scale-up to GLP/GMP manufacturing.
- Good understanding of microbial and mammalian cellular metabolism.
- Experience working with cell-free synthesis of biologics including RNA and proteins.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: July 22, 2021
- Eligible for Employee Referral: Yes
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development
2 days ago
ROLE SUMMARY The Upstream Process Development group is seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Senior Scientist who demonstrates personal accountability for outcomes and thrives on
Pfizer - Andover, Massachusetts - beBee S2
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most dive
Bristol Myers Squibb - Devens, Massachusetts - beBee S2
**Position Overview/Department Description** We are seeking an experienced upstream bioprocess development professional to join Cell Culture Development (CCD) as part of Medium & Bioprocess
Sanofi Group - Framingham, Massachusetts - beBee S2
Job Description A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advan
Millipore Corporation - Burlington, Ma - beBee S2