Senior Financial Analyst, Constellation
Source: beBee S2
DescriptionAt Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Sr. Financial Analyst has the lead day-to-day responsibility for managing and controlling O&M and capital costs. This role will support accurate planning, reporting and analysis of operations. This position entails increased scope and complexity including fleet wide special projects. Must be able to fulfill ad hoc requests from various internal and external sources to support decision-making and provide necessary insight to executives, managers, department heads and line personnel. Individual must be flexible, proactive and able to work with ambiguity. Individual must be able to commit to the time requirements of this position, which may demand extended hours as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide financial analysis and reporting for management on major capital and O&M cost drivers. Work with personnel to control and manage costs. Forecast performance against goals, plans and budgets. Bring a financial perspective to daily operations. Prepare and review month-end, quarterly and full-year forecast/reports up to and including: executive reporting packages, monthly financial close packages, quarterly management meeting presentations.
- Lead each monthly financial closing (pre and post close work), providing all required reporting to corporate center and site management. Ensure proper accounting treatment is followed and monitor adherence to corporate policies and procedures. Prepare various periodic reports to communicate performance in areas such as contracted services, overtime and other.
- Develop the long-range financial plan.
- Review and process Capital and other Project Request proposals. Monitor and report on Project spend.
- Perform cost reporting - planning & tracking.
- Perform periodic Ad-hoc reporting and analyses.
- Work with Manger to develop and oversee the work product of more junior financial analysts in the group and provide training and guidance as required. Perform complex special projects at the request of Management.
- Position reports to Manager.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members.
- Solves moderately complex problems.
- 4 year degree in a business-related field with 5 to 8 years business-related experience and demonstrated success in finance or business operations.
- Effective financial analysis skills, combined with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure to accounting principles, financial metrics and financial statement relationships.
- Working knowledge of Business Operations & industry practices.
- Thorough computer-base analytical skill (e.g. Access, Excel, Power Point, database management).
- Expertise in PeopleSoft and financial systems
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[Link available when viewing the job]
7 days ago
Our client, a well established industry leader is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their growing team The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for forecasting performance agai
Prior Executive Search - Stoney beach, Maryland - Jooble US
ABOUT THE JOB: It's a great time to join Mobile Mini Since being awarded one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies in 2019, we are striving to keep up that reputation. After all, we believe that prov
WillScot Mobile Mini - Baltimore, Maryland - Jooble US
ABOUT THE JOB: It's a great time to join Mobile Mini! Since being awarded one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies in 2019, we are striving to keep up tha
WillScot - Mobile Mini - Baltimore, Md - Appcast US
Johns Hopkins HealthCare (JHHC) is the managed care and health services business of Johns Hopkins Medicine, one of the premier health delivery, academic, and research institutions in the United St
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine - Glen burnie, Maryland - Talent US