Quality Improvement Director
Source: beBee S2
Primary City/State:Glendale, Arizona
Department Name:Quality Improvement-Hosp
Job Category:Risk, Quality and Safety Additional Job Description
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
You will work at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, AZ. Teamwork is strong in this department and Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is truly a collaborative environment between nursing, physicians, and other therapies. Join us as we improve the lives of the patients we care for through outstanding nursing care.
Bring your passion for quality patient care that supports Our Nonprofit Mission "Making healthcare easier, so life can be better." This Mission statement drives the Quality Team to remain focused on the consumer. As a Quality Director you will lead a team of four dedicated to reducing variation and increasing reliability across the facility, Banner Academic division, and the entire Banner Health system. As a Quality Director you will have the opportunity to participate in implementation of evidence based practice and project to improve patient care. You will work Mondays - Fridays during business hours.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
This position promotes high reliability in clinical performance through assessment of performance, facilitating prioritization of improvement activities, overseeing performance improvement projects and ensuring successful clinical project implementation at operating entities. The position works closely with both system and operating entities to improve quality and outcomes of clinical care. All work processed by the incumbent is considered confidential and protected from discovery, pursuant to state statutes.
1. Responsible for oversight and assessment of clinical performance data and care delivery practices. Collaborates with administrators, physicians, clinical leaders and staff to identify improvement opportunities utilizing quantitative techniques, knowledge of health care operations and systems thinking. Obtains and uses literature, evidence-based practice and benchmark data whenever possible.
2. Improves clinical performance: identifies causes of variation, serves as a subject matter expert and supports implementation of systems and processes to facilitate effective clinical practice. Leverages results from Peer Review, Regulatory, Patient Safety and others to align performance improvement opportunities with system and local teams.
3. Facilitates prioritization of improvement activities with system and entity leadership. Conducts in- depth assessment of qualitative and quantitative data. Triangulates information to support administrative and clinical decision making. Collaborates with the appropriate process owner(s) to identify opportunities for improvement.
4. Establishes and oversees the development and implementation of annual quality plans with administrative, service line and process owners. Strategizes with entity leadership to plan and coordinate local Quality Councils.
5. Manages and coaches performance improvement activities and oversees projects in collaboration with project leaders and administrators. Serves as a resource and/or facilitates improvement teams to plan, implement, and coordinate entity activities to maximize clinical and operational outcomes. Participates on improvement teams, guiding teams on system defined improvement methodologies and processes.
6. Maintains clinical performance assessment, performance improvement, change management and project facilitation expertise through independent study, internal development courses, attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
7. In some settings, responsible for recruiting, selecting, developing, mentoring, supervision and assessment of staff. Also responsible for creating and managing departmental budgets.
8. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for designated staff. Prioritizes work and makes staff assignments. Ensures that goals and objectives are met in a timely and effective manner for routine work and major projects.
9. Responsibility for QI at a single entity or multiple small / rural entities and contribution to system-level QI activities. Internal customers include all assigned entity administrators, physicians, staff and corporate administrators, leadership team and staff. External customers include accreditation and regulatory organizations, payers, patients and physicians.
Requires Master's degree or equivalent in nursing or other healthcare related field.
RN license in state worked OR a clinical background with current license/certification or equivalent experience.
Must have a proficiency level typically attained with 5 years experience in Quality Management / Performance Improvement. Requires at least 2 years management experience or demonstrated leadership abilities through successful large scale projects. Must possess demonstrated flexibility in responding to the needs of multiple constituencies with a service-oriented philosophy. Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate multi- disciplinary teams. Must possess demonstrated skill in problem analysis, project management, conflict resolution and oral and written presentations. Requires ability to balance and manage multiple projects.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality. Additional related education and/or clinical experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
2 days ago
Primary City/State: Glendale, Arizona Department Name: Quality Improvement-Hosp Work Shift: Day Job Category: Risk, Quality and Safety <
Banner Health - Glendale, Arizona - beBee S2
Job Description We have a Permanent role for a Sr. Manager, Continuous Improvement with our client in Tempe AZ. Please let me know if you or
Generis Tek Inc. - Tempe, Az - beBee S2
CHANGE HOW THE WORLD INVESTS, ONE CLIENT AT A TIME: Vanguard is looking for a continuous improvement leader committed to driving a world-class client and employee experience. Within the pas
Vanguard - Scottsdale, Az - beBee S2
Job Description Who We Are and What We Are All About: Join global leaders in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world with Rogers Corporation. At Rog
Rogers Corporation - Chandler, Az - beBee S2