Human Relations Manager
Source: beBee S2
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
The Human Relations Manager is the Champion of People, Diversity, and Inclusion for the Plant supporting the Plant Manager, local leadership and hourly associates on three shifts. The HR Manager is responsible for the HR function by providing best in class services that facilitate greater effectiveness throughout the bakery.
The successful candidate should have strong labor relations experience, a proven HR leadership background and will need to be an engaged and transparent business partner. In addition, have the ability to influence leadership and ability to link business objectives back to organizational effectiveness.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Policy Management: Interpret Company Policies and CBA’s representing the organization in personnel and employment law compliance related investigations, grievances and hearings.
- Labor Relations: Prepare for and serve as the company’s spokesperson on union contract negotiations and administer the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement. This includes providing ongoing advice to management personnel on labor relation matters.
- HR Operations: Manage the maintenance of HR files and I-9’s for compliance.
- Performance Management: Transparent partner by working with the people managers to determine the appropriate course of action with regard to staffing, hiring, performance management, safety or/or attendance concerns. Partner as a coach with salaried leaders and participate in hourly meetings with supervisors and employees. Lead the process and communication for annual merit and performance reviews.
- HR/Organization Consulting: Including change management facilitation and organizational consulting with all levels of employees supporting our Manufacturing Transformation goals.
- Employee Programs: Including administering the annual Benefits Open Enrollment Process, Safety Perception survey, and answering and responding timely to associates HR inquiries
- Talent Acquisition: Create, deliver and manage an annual hourly staffing plan. Manage the pipeline of key talent for BBU by managing open positions through the full recruitment life cycle for hourly level positions within the facilities. Responsible for compliance management for the recruitment files (e.g., resumes, interview notes, calibration and selection process).
- Centralized recruiting: Act as the HR point of contact in the plant to support the recruiting for salaried positions managed through Centralized Recruiting. Maintain, deliver and continuously improve an effective onboarding program for new hires aligned with corporate and local requirements driving retention of top talent.
- Talent Management: Own and drive the process for the Plant in regards to associate profiles, goal setting, development plans, midyear reviews, annual goal evaluation and succession planning.
- Employee Learning & Development: Conduct new employee orientation sessions and other HR related training programs such as Leadership Transformation, 2020 GB Leader, Labor and Respect in the Workplace. Facilitate new hire safety orientation training and additional training needs assessments as needed by the Plant.
- Standard Leader Work: HRBP supporting Manufacturing Transformation.
- Employee Relations: assisting HR Manager with developing and implementing effective Positive Employee Relations programs. Employee event planning and administration of Rewards & Recognition.
- Systems: Manage monthly HRIS audits and Requisitions. Create and report out on HR metrics identifying key trends and the ability to recommend improvements.
- Administration: Manage headcount, turnover, exit interviews, attendance tracking, and invoice processing. Maintain current job descriptions as positions evolve with management regarding staffing and organizational needs.
- Develop and provide supervisory and leadership training.
- Travel of approximately 25% expected.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field required.
- 4 – 6 years progressive human resource experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- PHR Certification is a plus.
- Experience with Labor Relations is highly desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with online recruitment systems (ATS).
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Demonstrate the ability to be coachable and trainable for cross-training/development within the HR function in preparation for future progression.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, creative thinking skills and be able to act as a decision maker.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a sense of urgency, be future thinking and possess strong communication skills.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
6 days ago
Fort worth, Tx
Bimbo Bakeries USA
Human Relations Manager in Fort Worth, TX at Bimbo Bakeries USA Date Posted:6/22/2021 ApplyApplyNot ready to Apply? × Join Our Talent Network Why Join Our Talent Networ
Bimbo Bakeries USA - Fort worth, Texas - beBee S2
Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas'® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann's® or Marinela® cake or donut? I
Bimbo Bakeries USA - Fort worth, Texas - Jooble US
The Human Resources Manager’s responsibilities include full-scale HR Generalist support for all aspects of the company’s operations. The HRM will report to the COO and be involved in the developme
HumCap Recruiting - Dallas, Tx - Appcast US
The Human Resources Manager’s responsibilities include full-scale HR Generalist support for all aspects of the company’s operations. The HRM will report to the COO and be involved in the development a
HumCap Recruiting - Dallas, Texas - Jooble US