Infection Prevention Senior Manager
Source: beBee S2
This position provides effective system-wide infection prevention services and operations. The responsibilities include significant clinical event investigation and management, outbreak investigation and management, regulatory and accreditation compliance, performance improvement and all other infection prevention related activities.
*Relocation & transitional housing assistance available!
About Foundation Health Partners
Beginning January 1, 2017, Tanana Valley Clinic, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital and Denali Center became part of Foundation Health Partners, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. Foundation Health Partners will operate all three facilities through a 15-member Board of Directors. At Foundation Health Partners, our patients and residents are at the heart of everything we do. Community owned and operated we are dedicated to providing compassionate health care for every chapter in your life story.
40 hours per week
8 hour shifts
On CallRequired (Rotating Schedule)
*Clinical Degree Highly Preferred (LPN, RN, etc.)
*3 years experience in Hospital Infection Prevention Highly Preferred
*Current Certification in Infection Control (CIC) Highly PreferredResponsibilities
- Analyzes infection incidents, sentinel events, and risk outcomes. Liaises with administrators, providers, clinical leaders, and staff to identify improvement opportunities. Utilizes quantitative techniques, health care operations knowledge, and systems thinking to solve problems. Obtains and uses literature, best practice, and benchmark data whenever possible.
- Manages and supports assigned teams and infection control staff in infection prevention data measurement, reporting, statistical analysis and performance improvement. Provides leadership to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory programs, accreditation requirements, and established organizational policies and procedures. Serves as a liaison with stakeholders in other functions to communicate and coordinate on issues of mutual interest.
- Establishes and oversees the development and implementation of short and long term goals and objectives, and determines the optimal progression to achieve these goals. Reviews, analyses, and reports on various activities to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives. This position supports the development and achievement of department budgets in conjunction with these goals and in accordance with company standards.
- Responsible for day-to-day staff management and administration. Daily staff management and administration includes managing staff timecards and schedules, appropriate new hire readiness/processing/partnering, staff FTE status changes, staffing levels, staff development and education, corrective action management, staff portfolio audits, staff education completion, staff timely staff termination processing, budget, etc.
- Serves as a content expert for designing and providing formal and informal training and education for providers, clinical leaders, staff, and other constituencies related to infection prevention. Provides advice and counsel for leadership at all levels of the organization.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.Qualifications
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
Must possess a minimum of four (4) years clinical experience in an acute hospital setting and/or disease surveillance experience in a public health setting. Must also possess at least two (2) years of management experience and/or progressively responsible experience as a lead or supervisor. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes.
Requires Certification in Infection Control (CIC) within one (1) year of hire.
As is typical in this industry, on-call duties may be required.
Master's degree in Public Health or related field preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; q qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started. Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
2 days ago
Foundation Health Partners
This position provides effective system-wide infection prevention services and operations. The responsibilities include significant clinical event investigation and management, ou
Foundation Health Partners - Fairbanks, Alaska - beBee S2
Registered Nurse(RN) / Travel / Infection ControlRegistered Nurse Infection Control Type: Registered Nurse (RN) Fairbanks, AK MAS Medical Staffing is currently seeking a(n) Registered Nurse (RN) pr
MAS Medical Staffing - Badger, Alaska - Jooble US
- Serve as the Chief of the Department of Public Health. - Supervise health care delivery personnel assigned to the Department of Public Health. Assign work, develop performance standards, evaluate
Defense Health Agency Medical Civilian Corps - Fort wainwright, Alaska - Jooble US
Overview: This position is with Preventive Medicine Services at Fort Wainwright, AK.A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized.Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates
Defense Health Agency Civilian Corps, Falls Church, VA - Fort wainwright, Alaska - Jooble US