Source: beBee S2
• Location: Vancouver, BC (Remote due to COVID but must be able to return to office once open)
• Number of openings: 1
• Estimated start date: ASAP
• Estimated end date: 18-month contract
• Daily schedule and OT estimate: 9-6PM PST core hours | shifts also on weekends | 15% OT potential
• Equipment required: Hardware will be provided
Our client is seeking a passionate and driven individual to join their Live Operations team and provide specialized support for our experiences. This role will support their Online Team in maintaining the day to day operational health of the applications and infrastructure for the delivery of their online experience to end users. In the event of an operational issue, the Support Specialist will be responsible for responding to and performing initial incident investigation in a timely fashion. This will involve working in tandem with both internal and external groups to see issues to resolution.
Typical Day in the Role
- Capture and entry of operational issues in the Ops Issue Management System
- Communicate with partners on issue investigation status and incident resolution
- Use various tools to perform incident investigation and to help determine root cause
- Communicate findings to Online Team and update information in the Issue Management System
- Document commonly encountered issues and their resolutions
- Review error reports and investigate cause for most common errors for each application
- Help facilitate the scheduling, review, and deployment of application updates
- Maintain operational equipment and monitoring infrastructure to ensure all systems are operational and ready for troubleshooting.
- Identify opportunities to streamline operations, optimize support efforts, and improve incident handling processes
Years of experience required:
- 1 year of working in a service desk environment ideally supporting a client or web application
- Ability to write detailed and accurate descriptions of complex issues, reproduction steps, and resolutions
- Familiarity with investigative tools such as Azure Data Explorer, Splunk, Elastic Search, Fiddler, and Wireshark. Ideally experience with Azure Data Explorer.
- Capable of constructing data queries and performing data analysis is essential.
- Experience working with complex enterprise systems, networks, and services
- Experience with various programming, query, and scripting languages would be an asset. Ideally experience with KQL..
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays on a regular basis
- In terms of schedule, it is shift work, so if someone is working Saturdays, it is every Saturday (if that makes sense). We have (generally) 3 people covering 7 days a week 7am-7pm (as an example) of active monitoring. Then after hours there will be on-call requirements where the Ops member would be alerted of an issue and they would have to go online to investigate issues and act accordingly
- Games experience a strong plus.
Degrees or certifications required:
BA is not required, equivalent professional work experience will suffice
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Phone number shown when applying]
2 days ago
Job Description • Location: Vancouver, BC (Remote due to COVID but must be able to return to office once open) • Number of openings: 1 • Estimated star
Apex Systems - Vancouver, Wa - beBee S2
Technical Support- Validation Technician Long term contract with no end date set Start date ASAP Onsite opportunity-Hillsboro OR Required Job Skills bull Software Validation experience bull Installati
Kelly - Hillsboro, Or - beBee S2
Job Description MSR-FSR is a global partner to equipment manufacturers and device manufacturers in the Semiconductor Industry! Our positions include benefits such as medical, de
MSR-FSR - Hillsboro, Or - beBee S2
Job Description IT User Support Partner We are actively looking for an IT User Support Partner for a privately held business here in t
Creative Financial Staffing - Portland, Or - beBee S2