Source: beBee S2
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Neuromodulation business is an area of expertise for Abbott. This business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim (TM) XR SCS System, the #1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market, Proclaim (TM) DRG Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and a market leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage their Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering away from side effects.
Our location in Plano, TX currently has an opportunity for a Senior Sourcing Specialist. The Sr. Specialist has delegated authority to commit company funds. This position will work on the definition and resolution of known or anticipated problems in value, quality, feasibility and specifications in the procurement of goods and services while contributing cost savings, partnerships with suppliers and other value-added activities to support customer needs and expectations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for sourcing materials, components, equipment and services.
- Lead assigned sourcing initiatives RFx's using establish sourcing best practices and project manage
- ment methodology.
- Develop new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
- Lead PPV activity and respond with corrective action when need.
- Work with cross functional teams to accomplish vendor selection for increase competitiveness through the RFP, RFI and RFQ processes.
- Check requisitions, obtain quotations and examine bids.
- Coordinate purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Monitor the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- Implement strategies within Corporate Guidelines to obtain best pricing, delivery, support and quality
- from the Suppliers.
- Work together with the various functions to optimize spending on both direct and indirect material purchases.
- Involve in the daily operations of the Procurement Department and embark on process improvement projects to ensure that efficiency and productivity is upkeep.
- Manage the Suppliers to maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnership while best serving the internal customers.
- Assist with training of Jr. Sourcing Specialists.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Business, Financial or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years procurement and functional experience.
- Project management
- Excellent people skills
- CPM certification desired
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheet programs.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Link available when viewing the job]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Link available when viewing the job], on Facebook at [Link available when viewing the job] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
2 days ago
Job Description Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of h
Abbott Laboratories - Plano, Tx - beBee S2
Job Description Immediate need for a talented Strategic Sourcing Manager with one of our Security Solutions provider client. This is a <stro
Pyramid Consulting, Inc - Coppell, Tx - beBee S2
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market
KPMG - Dallas, Tx - beBee S2
Job Description Description: SUMMARY Working independently, the Lead Talent Acquisition Business Partner is responsible for developing, s
Gamestop, Inc. - Grapevine, Tx - beBee S2