EHS Specialist - Northeast Region
Source: beBee S2
EHS Specialist III Job Summary:
The position is responsible for Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) compliance management at three electric power generation facilities located in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine. The individual selected for the role can live in proximity to either the Boston, Manchester, or Portland metro areas. Responsible for complex, technical work in a wide range of EHS disciplines to maintain compliance with the organization’s EHS standards, federal and state regulatory requirements, and consensus industry standards. Reviews and interprets EHS rules and regulations and advises management accordingly. Has fundamental understanding of EHS principles, concepts, practices, standards and regulations. Coordinates compliance assurance activities for multi-media environmental programs, including air emissions, wastewater discharge, waste management, and all associated monitoring, reporting, and other permit requirements. Serves as the liaison between local regulatory agencies and plant staff. Has familiarity and experience using software applications and web based tools related to EHS reporting for power plant operations. Reviews plant EHS procedures and makes recommendations for updates in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and best practices. Investigates EHS incidents, accidents, injuries, and near miss events. Recommends improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment to mitigate potential hazards. Supports employee training related to EHS compliance and emergency preparedness. Prepares and maintains EHS compliance documents and records.
• Provide oversight of major programs which can include Safety for General Industry, Air & Water/Wastewater compliance, Waste Management, PSM/RMP, and EPCRA.
• Partner with operations to enhance employee engagement through the establishment of goals, planning, and personal commitment.
• Drive EHS risk recognition and mitigation by assessing and communicating physical, operational, and regulatory risks related to EHS matters.
• Support continuous learning through identification of EHS best practices and timely and relevant communications.
• Serve as a catalyst for continuous improvement through audits, assessments, and event & trend analyses.
• Track EHS compliance status, and ensure timely and accurate completion of task requirements.
• Administer data collection and recordkeeping practices related to EHS matters.
• Compile and submit internal and external reports as specified by EHS requirements.
• Makes decisions regarding own work, often in ambiguous situations. Makes recommendations regarding own function/discipline.
• Works on problems of moderate to high complexity.
• Solves operational problems and associated technical issues. Modifies existing tools, techniques, and processes in pursuit of continuous improvement.
• Uses independent judgement within defined policies and practices. Interprets requirements and selects methods, techniques, and analytical approaches.
• Little instruction on day-to-day work and general instruction on new assignments.
• May be designated as project or technical lead for an ongoing program or short-term assignment.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in Engineering or Science. Experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience in EHS, preferably in the power generation industry.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to EHS.
• Ability to travel 30+% of the time.
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [Email available when viewing the job]. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
2 days ago
Job Description Description EHS Specialist III Job Summary: The position is responsible for Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) compliance management at three elect
Calpine - Ma - beBee S2
Req ID: 61089 Job Location: Midwest City, Tulsa, Kansas CityMidwest CityOK Areas of Interest: Loan Operations; Lending BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporat
Resume Library - Midwest city, Oklahoma - beBee S2
Senior Administrative Support Specialist Actively growing OKC company seeking strong administrative professionals to join their team. Company offers strong cu
Fuse3 Solutions - Oklahoma city, Oklahoma - beBee S2
Job Description Diagnostic Laboratory of Oklahoma - Oklahoma City, OK 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Main Duties: The Sales & Marketing Support Specia
Quest Diagnostics - Oklahoma city, Ok - beBee S2