Senior Scientist (Non PhD) - Centers for Therapeutic Innovation
Source: beBee S2
Pfizer's Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) is a pioneering research unit that partners with leading academic research and medical centers and innovative biotech companies to translate novel findings into therapies that change patients' lives. This is a unique opportunity for an exceptional scientist to leverage their subject matter expertise and technical skills while collaborating with world-leading investigators and multidisciplinary research teams at Pfizer. For this role, we are seeking a driven scientist with a broad background in biomedical research as demonstrated by an accomplished work history. The candidate will leverage their expertise in cellular and molecular biology to interrogate drug target biology, evaluate target molecular mechanisms of action, and understand drug candidate pharmacology.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct highly innovative research in broad areas of interest to Pfizer such as rare diseases of the renal and nervous systems, disease manifestations including multi-organ fibrosis and vascular dysfunction, and mechanisms relevant to pathobiology such as cellular senescence. The candidate will be expected to design, conduct, and interpret molecular, cellular, and biochemical experiments to better understand the biology of drug targets and pathways and to use the tools created by this work to evaluate early-stage large and small molecule drug leads.
- CTI identifies, evaluates, initiates, and advances its drug development programs in collaboration with all disease area research units within Pfizer. Consequently, this role will require a scientist with an interest and aptitude to work on a diverse array of topics that could include oncology, inflammation/immunology, metabolic diseases, and rare diseases. Therefore, the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate abilities, interest, and the mental agility to pursue research outside of their specific area of expertise.
- The candidate will be an individual contributor on highly matrixed multidisciplinary teams comprising other members of CTI, partner-lines, disease research units, and collaborating external scientists. Therefore, the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of stake holders is essential.
- The candidate will conduct research in a manner ensuring that aggressive project deliverables and timelines are met. The candidate is expected to embrace and embody the entrepreneurial spirit and biotech-like culture, values, and goals of CTI and to contribute to an exciting, collaborative, productive, and scientifically rigorous working environment.
- Bachelor's degree with 10 or more years of experience in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or a closely related field or Masters degree with 7 or more years of experience conducting laboratory research
- Position requires a hands-on scientist who directly utilizes their technical expertise at the bench to test hypotheses, develop compelling data packages, and advance biological knowledge and drug development projects.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about learning new areas of biology and in creating practical applications of those learnings.
- Highly collaborative with a strong desire to make simultaneous contributions to multiple independent projects in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong English language written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Experience in the design, execution, and analysis of cellular, molecular, and/or biochemical assays focused on understanding disease mechanisms and targets.
- Technical skills should include experience with most or all of the following: Molecular cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, TaqMan, ELISA, Luminex, cell-based assay development (e.g. cellular cytotoxicity, proliferation, reporter, ligand binding, etc. with multiple readouts), FACS, Western blotting, immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry, confocal microscopy and high content imaging/high throughput screening assay development.
- Research experience in biotech or pharmaceutical companies.
- Prior research focus on rare disorders including those of the renal or nervous systems, multi-organ fibrosis, or vascular dysfunction will be given preference.
- Prior research experience in the areas of immunology, rare neurological diseases or cellular senescence will be given preference.
- Evidence of ability to conduct innovative research outside the primary area of concentration is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with in vitro and in vivo assessment of drug candidates is desirable.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development
6 days ago
ROLE SUMMARY Pfizer's Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) is a pioneering research unit that partners with leading academic research and medical centers and innovative biotech companies
Wiley Job Network - Cambridge, Massachusetts - beBee S2
ROLE SUMMARY Pfizer's Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) is a pioneering research unit that partners with leading academic research and medical centers and innovative biotech companie
Pfizer - Cambridge, Massachusetts - Jooble US
ROLE SUMMARY Pfizer is making significant investment in the creation of novel, first-in-class therapeutics, by combining internal discovery and validation of drug targets with external partn
Pfizer - Cambridge, Massachusetts - beBee S2
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Cambridge Posted Date: Apr 1 2021 Are you energized by a challenging role in biology, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Senior Scientist role
GSK - Cambridge, Massachusetts - beBee S2