Source: beBee S2
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Unity Lab Services provides a single source for integrated lab service, support and supply management. Our customized service offerings and world-class service experts have the flexibility and experience to uniquely address your business needs. Whether you are looking to arrange for service on one instrument or are seeking resources to manage service and support for all your labs, there is a Unity Lab Services solution to meet your business needs.
To deliver service solutions without boundaries, programs are offered for all instruments, equipment and laboratory supplies, regardless of vendor. As a laboratory partner, Unity Lab Services provides researchers what they need, when they need it, to maximize their ability to focus on science and drive innovation. Let our expertise complement yours. Unity Lab Services Provides:
- Simple Access to Integrated Service Delivery: Unity Lab Services provides complete solution design and implementation for seamless laboratory service and support management with one partner.
- One Solution, Regardless of Vendor: Service and support programs for all instruments and supplies, regardless of manufacturer
- Proven Expertise, Tangible Results: Our SmartSystem program model leverages more than 50 years of service experience and features our proprietary Smart Trac metrics so you can closely monitor your program results.
How will you make an impact?
The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of 5-15 Site Unity Lab Services personnel, enabling the team to deliver consistently excellent service to our customers. The Supervisor is responsible for meeting the goals and objectives of the customer location, as determined by customer requirements. Services may include the portfolio of services as well as specific science-based tasks in areas of cloning, purification, scale-up, solid and liquid sample banking, and instrumentation.
What will you do?
- Lead, coach, and motivate a team of laboratory staff providing highly specialized scientific support directly contributing to the scientific process
- Partner with functional area scientists to monitor performance, productivity, and report performance metrics
- Lead candidate selection process, support laboratory training, and evaluate staff performance
- Participate in business reviews to highlight program capabilities and define new opportunities
- Drive excellence in the Scientific Services program through scientific collaboration, service scope expansion, SLA adherence, development of business metrics, and team management
- Ensures customer needs are met and high-quality service is delivered through a variety of means including staff meetings, exceeding service levels, monitoring of the site performance, productivity, and attendance records. Assists in determining the resolution of all customer situations in a timely manner. Reinforces a customer focused orientation.
- Collaborates with Manager to quantify all aspects of value creation for the customer through rigorous data collection and reporting. Writes and administers standard operating procedures to support the goals and objectives of the department and the customer. Develops KPI’s, tracks trends, and implements best practices. Report business metrics, target and define new opportunities, act as resource for the customer in the area of service, savings and opportunities.
- Supports Practical Process Improvement and focuses on improving processes with the goal of providing stellar customer service. Leads improvement teams and mentors site personnel to lead team improvement efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
- Minimum education requirement is equivalent combination of two-year degree and experience or a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience working in teams; leadership experience preferred
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Possess analytical and critical thinking ability to be able to evaluate, interpret information and procedures, to make timely decisions while functioning in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Possess the leadership and supervisory skills be able to lead, coach and motivate a large group of employees along with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess written and communication skills to clearly express his or her ideas, share technical information, communicate well with customers and all levels of the organization, write procedures and develop plans.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
2 days ago
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Y
Thermo Fisher - Camarillo, California - beBee S2
Job Description Hygiena provides rapid microbiology diagnostic tests and solutions for mission-critical, time-sensitive processes around the world. Hygiena’s proprietary diagnos
Hygiena LLC - Camarillo, Ca - beBee S2
Job Title Clinical Laboratory Supervisor (PM Start, Overnight Shift) Location(s) Valencia - Lab Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where foo
Resume Library - Santa clarita, California - beBee S2
Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relent
IQVIA - Santa clarita, California - beBee S2