Manager- Ultrasound Services
Source: beBee S2
Manager -Ultrasound Services
Coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the VUMC ultrasound operations
- Develop work goals for the unit/area consistent with institutional and departmental goals and policy
- Plan to achieve goals or establish priorities
- Initiate changes or develop new policies, procedures and/or methods
- Help unit to understand, share, and support the vision
- Ensure the most effective operation of the unit/area through program development, process improvement and coordination of processes across functions
- Monitor and coordinate programs and actions
- Supervise a unit/area with responsibility for planning, coordinating and controlling the work and procedures
- Coordinate the activities of one or more functions to effect unity of operation
- Adjust work schedules or project priorities to meet emergencies or changing condition.
- Provide information to others (oral or written) to explain/clarify problems or issues or requests; meet with other professional/technical personnel to determine causes of a specific problem.
- Participate in periodic management meetings to keep top management informed of problems and concerns
- Define and achieve financial targets for the unit/area, consistent with the departmental financial plan
- Plan communicate budget calendar and process
- Aid in the implementation, interpretation and presentation of annual wage and salary plan to staff
- Supply precise information by center and account line regarding anticipated expenses for budget preparation including, but not limited to, detailed salary and fringe benefit information for faculty, staff and students (as applicable), estimated endowment revenue for all scholarship centers and provide guidance for estimated unrestricted scholarship need
- Frequently prepare ad hoc financial and budget reports
- Prepare for and attend monthly financial statement meetings along with director/ administrator. Closely monitor revenues and expenditures for all salary expenditures in all centers for the entire unit/area/department
- Report findings that occur as part of the analysis process and incidental discoveries to the director/administrator
- Exercise judgment and prepare supporting or correcting documentation as deemed appropriate
- Exceed defined service standards for the unit/area
- Ensure that the service standards established for the unit/area are met or exceeded
- Monitor performance against service standards
- Use patient/customer satisfaction data to improve systems, processes, and outcomes
- Ensure a safe, satisfying and enriching environment for employees and provides a qualified, competent staff
- Provide qualified competent staff by tracking projected staffing needs against qualification and competencies of current staff to identify any deficiencies to improve staffing levels.
- Define the qualifications and performance expectations for all staff positions through the Performance Development system, including department specific job descriptions, measurable performance standards
- Ensure that staff qualifications are consistent with job responsibilities. Verify for each employee or contracted personnel that, where relevant, education and training are consistent with applicable legal and regulatory requirements and hospital policy, that the individual is licensed, certified or registered, and that the individual's knowledge and experience are appropriate for the job assignment
- Create an environment that encourages and supports self-development and learning for all staff through regular feedback, by assuring the development of staff through orientation, training programs, work experiences and assessing competencies by meeting the performance expectations stated in his or her job description in a timely manner (normally annually)
- Monitor quality assurance standards, programs and procedures within the unit/area
- Ensure that defined quality standards are met within area of responsibility
The Department of Radiology, along with the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, operates at the global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, and we are a team of people striving to make a positive impact in the world.
Our mission is to design and apply technology that benefits patients and to cultivate leaders.
Patient Care: We serve our patients with the best, most advanced care.
Education: We train our students, residents and fellows to become future leaders.
Research: We produce radical medical breakthroughs and generate imaging advancements for personalized medicine.
We understand that in order to meet our goals, we must make diversity and innovation top priorities. By embracing diversity and inclusion, we are able to bring together a team of leaders and trainees with varied skill sets, perspectives and experiences. A diverse team is best equipped to foster the innovation that will meet today's greatest unmet challenges in healthcare
" style="color:#045fab; text-decoration:none; line-height:inherit">http://
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
2 days ago
Description Manager -Ultrasound Services JOB SUMMARY: Coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the VUMC ultrasound operations KEY RE
Vanderbilt Health - Nashville, Tennessee - beBee S2
Description Ultrasound Tech, PRN Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital Role Summary: Performs high quality Ultrasound Examinat
Vanderbilt Health - Nashville, Tennessee - beBee S2
Job Description For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation’s leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding over 3 millio
Terminix - Franklin, Tn - beBee S2
Job Description A successful experiential agency is looking for a fulltime Creative Services Manager. The company is based in Nashville, TN and has been creating many memorable
icreatives - Nashville, Tn - beBee S2