Source: beBee S2
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and one of largest consolidated owners of ethanol production facilities in the world. We are currently seeking a QA/QC Specialist at our Mt. Vernon, IN plant.
Mt. Vernon, IN
Job Summary: The Quality Specialist is responsible for providing specialized knowledge of our quality systems and/or plant processes such as food safety, quality auditing, instrumentation, specific product line knowledge, computer systems, management and/or oversight of suppliers and other needed focus areas. The Specialist will be involved in preparation and participation of customer audits, work together with internal and external teams to address customer requirements and concerns.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Audits production processes, raw materials, or suppliers/vendors to ensure that the established quality standards are met.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams, including corporate management and operations, to identify and mitigate quality risks.
- Conducts root cause analysis for defects, non-conformities, recall or other quality failures.
- Work closely with plant management to track and close all Quality and Food Safety CAPA.
- Ensures compliance with formal external and internal quality standards to always be ready for the certification scheme (SFSF, SQF, FSSC 22000, ISO 9001, etc.)
- Provides continuous improvement support for operations or other areas where needed.
- Investigates and responds to customer complaints and provide information to corporate QA/QC.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Conducts verification and/or maintenance of the Food Safety and Quality Management Systems, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), prerequisite programs, manufacturing processes, plant environment, and finished product.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Corporate Head of QA/QC.
- Approve final production and assurance of compliance to customer specifications.
- Maintain lab document verification, coordinate with the Lab technician to learn how to run the protein, fat, ash, moisture, toxin analyzers and troubleshoot equipment as needed.
- Provide process improvement support, specialized testing, training, audit systems, analyze data, identify trends, troubleshoot, corrective action, and communication regarding processing data of final products.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or other related fields.
- 2 plus years of experience in Food Safety or Plant Quality Control or Plant Operations.
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations and management methods.
- Good understanding of quality and food safety programs.
- Understand FSMA, HACCP, cGMP, GLPs and audit processes.
- Strong planning skills with excellent oral and written communication.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/move up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near mechanical parts.
- The employee may be exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee may be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.Job Requirements
2 days ago
Mount vernon, In
Green Plains Inc.
Job Description Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, commodity marketing, and di
Green Plains Inc. - Mount vernon, In - beBee S2
API Test Consultant Location: Atlanta, GA 12 months contract Salary: DOE $/hr. On w2 US Citizen and Green Card only No Third Party Job Description:
Georgia IT - Dublin, Georgia - Jooble US
Description Introduction Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Medical Technologist PRN opening t
HCA Healthcare - Vidalia, Georgia - Jooble US
Description Introduction Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Delivery Tech Specialist? At Memorial Health Meadows Hospital, you
Mission Hospital - Vidalia, Georgia - Talent US