Quality Control Technician - Capital District
Source: beBee S2
Job ID: 310299
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries, Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York State. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by CRH Americas in 1985.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Quality Control Technician candidate to cover our plants in the Capital District
Candidate will be responsible for performing quality control testing and monitoring of ready-mix concrete, crushed aggregates, recycle materials and hot mix asphalt mixtures produced at their assigned location. Key Responsibilities include:
- Work safely, complying with all OSHA and MSHA regulations and Callanan environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform quality control testing as required by State and local agencies, private, and in accordance with Callanan procedures ensuring the highest quality material is being produced.
- Provide test data to plant manager and other pertinent plant personnel in a timely manner.
- Provide process and mix adjustment recommendations as required.
- Maintain current State agency QC/QA certifications, upholding all aspects of the quality control program staying in compliance with agency specifications.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data base and record logs.
- Support and assist internal customers (sales, construction, estimating, operations and senior management) and external customers by reviewing and providing detail information/insight on material specifications and test results as requested.
- Additional duties as assigned or required.
- Overtime and/or night work, weekend work may be required during the peak season
- Safety, Integrity, Quality – formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of CRH AMAT and Callanan’s core values.
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Peer Relationships – is seen as a team player, cooperative and encourages collaboration across all lines of business
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Knowledge of work – Able to acquire new technical skills and knowledge quickly and can perform well in technical courses and seminars.
- Ability to read English language sufficiently to read information contained in specifications, reports, manuals and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and work well with other personnel.
- Ability to carry out standardized laboratory tests in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Ability to evaluate questions or problems effectively, seeking assistance when needed.
- Must be computer literate. Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and occasional night shifts.
- Willing to travel.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation to and from the job site.
- Drug screen and background check required before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree from a college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; or High School or equivalent, will train.
- NJSAT certified in HMA Plant and Paving Technician preferred but not required.
- ACI Certification preferred
- NYSDOT certified in HMA Plant Quality Control Technician desirable but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This chart outlines the physical requirements necessary to perform the duties of this job.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
0 – 10 lbs.
10 – 25 lbs.
25 – 50 lbs.
50 – 100 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to irritants and chemicals and occasionally exposed to noise, dust, vibration, and irritating atmospheres at or around the operating sites. Employee is frequently exposed to existing weather conditions. Employee must perform numerous tasks indoors and throughout a site.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud to very loud.
This chart outlines the potential work environment the employees may be exposed to while performing the duties of this job.
Exposed to Noise
Exposed to High Heat
Working with Others
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Callanan Industries, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
2 days ago
Job Description Job ID: 310299 Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries,
CRH Americas - Schenectady, Ny - beBee S2
Job Description : Nesco Resource is currently recruiting for a Quality Control Inspector with a growing company in Albany, NY area. This is a temporary-to-hire, 1 st shift position with oppo
NESCO Resource - Albany, New york - beBee S2
A Quality Control Scientist (Drug Product) executes the drug product fill and finish projects with responsibilities in components test method development and validation, and design verification
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - Rensselaer, New york - beBee S2
We are currently looking to fill a Supervisor position with a 1st shift, Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm schedule. This position is part of the Quality Control (QC) Analytical Sciences department. In this r
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - Rensselaer, New york - beBee S2