Embedded Software Architect
Source: beBee S2
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.Â You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join Philips as an Embedded Software Architect for the patient worn monitors team and thereby perform solution-level architectural tasks with deep involvement in detailed embedded software development, requirements engineering and risk management.
You are responsible for
- Design and development of our clinical solution within Patient Worn Monitoring
- Owning and driving project related documentation in close collaboration with other disciplines
- Applying excellent knowledge of application software development in close cooperation with our usability and design teams
- Performing application integration into complex medical devices, with deep involvement in detailed embedded software development, working within the product application space
- Contributing to solutions that address unique challenges at the forefront of new medical product design
- Leveraging problem-solving skills to tackle complex application related questions
- Applying analytical skills to complex embedded software design
- Mentoring and coaching others on technical best practices and enhancing code quality
You are a part of
An internationally distributed multi-site team responsible for the complete design of the product including hardware and software, extending Philips' leading position in patient monitoring by creating solutions that improve and save lives.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent; Master degree is preferred
- 7+ years of experience with embedded software development (C/C++) in a Linux and/or RTOS-based environment
- Intimate understanding in embedded software development, an imaginative translation of needs to product design, a disciplined adherence to regulatory mandated product
- Experience creating software architectures using cutting-edge tools and methodologies
- Experience working in a regulated development environment with a commitment to thoroughness in the execution of plans
- Solid understanding of wireless technologies and TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of Linux shell scripting, UNIX-style command-line tools and cross-compiler toolchains
- Experience with IEC 62304 is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship fora work-authorized visa
In return, we offer you
Philips is committed to helping each employee reach their own personal goals for development. With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments offered to employees. We also offer a competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click theÂ Forgot PasswordÂ Â button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
6 days ago
Background: This is an opportunity to work at a world-famous, federally funded research & development organization with a great culture. They have a need of a Embedde
Minuteman Group - Lexington, Massachusetts - Jooble US
Job Description Solidus is searching for an Embedded Software Engineer to develop real time embedded software using C/C++, Python and associated static code analysis and auto
Solidus Technical Solutions - Lexington, Massachusetts - Talent US
A growing medical device company working with a life saving technology that is changing is the way cancer is treated is looking to bring on a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join their team. E
X4 Technology - North quincy, Massachusetts - Jooble US
Modis is searching for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer in Gloucester, MA! This department develops the control system software for ion implanters. The embedded systems pr
Modis - Gloucester, Ma - Appcast US