Clinical Lab Supervisor
Source: beBee S2
This Clinical Lab Supervisor is responsible for the overall operation of the Clinical Lab Department with emphasis on day-to-day operations and supervising all personnel within the department.
* Support PathGroup's mission, vision, goals and management decisions.
* Provide leadership and manage assigned department(s), make decisions, solve problems, develop procedures, and conduct and attend meetings.
* Manage the employee hiring process including developing and updating job descriptions in conjunction with the Human Resources, developing performance expectations, identifying essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions.
* Supervise/manage employee and team performance, new employee orientation processes, employee training and continuing education.
* Manage employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Human Resources.
* Ensure effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment and establishing effective communication lines and methods. Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
* Establish and execute departmental long and short-term goals. Assist in the strategic development of the laboratory services.
* Facilitate the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets for the department. Responsible for the maintenance and compliance with the operation budget.
* Manage the ordering and inventory of supplies for the Clinical Laboratory departments.
* Perform validation, and correlation of new equipment and procedures.
* Verify calibration of all departmental equipment.
* Ensure equipment maintenance and train staff on equipment maintenance procedures when necessary.
* Develop, implement and maintain effective departmental QA programs and monitors.
* Coordinate the maintenance, development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
* Adhere to the compliance guidelines for the laboratory industry.
* Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
* Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry's best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
* Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
* NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Work with other departments within PathGroup and subsidiaries.
* Nothing in the job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
* Bachelor of Science degree. Registered by the ASCP.
* National certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as Clinical Laboratory Specialist.
* Must hold a valid Tennessee Laboratory Supervisor's License.
* Maintain appropriate continuing education for certification/licensure, and to increase basic knowledge.
* At least one year of supervisory experience preferred.
* Over six years of prior Laboratory experience.
* Must have proven track record in establishing and maintaining positive and productive physician, employee and client relationships.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
2 days ago
Fort wayne, In
Associated Pathologists LLC, dba PathGroup
Job Description JOB SUMMARY: This Clinical Lab Supervisor is responsible for the overall operation of the Clinical Lab Department with emphasis on day-to-day operations
Associated Pathologists LLC, dba PathGroup - Fort wayne, In - beBee S2
Lutheran Medical Group in Ft. Wayne, IN is seeking a BE/BC non-invasive, non-interventional cardiologist with experience preferred, but not required, to join a large, dynamic, multidisciplinary C
COMMUNITY HEALTH SYSTEMS - Fort wayne, Indiana - beBee S2
East State Veterinary Clinic is seeking to hire a FT or PT Associate Veterinarian (DVM) $20k+ in bonuses for a full time Associate Veterinaria
East State Veterinary Clinic - Fort wayne, Indiana - beBee S2
Lutheran Health Physicians, in Bluffton, Indiana is seeking a full time Non-Invasive/Interventional Cardiologist for outpatient and inpatient care of adults , wi
COMMUNITY HEALTH SYSTEMS - Bluffton, Indiana - beBee S2