Section Engineer - PHI
Source: beBee S2
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops and/or leads teams of employees or contractors in studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, integrated systems analysis, planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelon’s electric transmission, distribution, telecommunication, P&C communication, facilities/systems. Key stakeholder in PHI financial decisions involving reliability portfolios, projects and programs. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, or facilities. Acts as recognized technical authority in a specialized engineering area.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Leads highly technical consultation and training through OJT/OJE (may include some class room instruction as well) on highly complex and unique technical areas requiring the application of advanced engineering principles.
- Evaluates complex technical issues that require highly specialized knowledge in very specific areas and recommends actions or programs for their resolution which may necessitate the review/evaluation of engineering design documents.
- Leads the work activities of project teams and others on the implementation of large specialized technical projects and/or programs in order to develop studies, proposals, commissioning plans to support safely energizing and placing major utility and customer systems and equipment On System.
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in area of company interest.
- Participates in department/project management planning, and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results.
- Participate/Lead regulatory filings/data requests for the various commitments in ACE/DPL and ensure consistency across all jurisdictions.
- Acts as an expert witness and provide expert opinions for internal committees.
- Highly influential on strategic management decisions that can have a major impact on the company.
- Support/Lead employees and or contractors in the execution of plans developed to initially energize utility or customer equipment/systems and placed On System.
- Set direction for the organization in regards to technical issues.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline with at least 9 years of professional engineering experience. (1) (3) (See Note)
- Completed Assignments and Projects showing evidence of:
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes, methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles.
- Advanced knowledge of latest technologies necessary to perform a variety of specialized unique or complex assignments for various installation types of services.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the work activity of others.
- Master of Science degree in Engineering (1) or Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Industry expert who participtes or leads industry committee or working groups or has published technical documents.
(1) Master’s degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
(2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing.
(3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one (1) year (e.g., in the case of an employee with both a master’s degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[Link available when viewing the job]
2 days ago
Job Description Description At Exelon, we've got a place for you! Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricit
Exelon Corporation - Hamilton, Nj - beBee S2
If you are an engineering professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Ivyland, PA location, you will be a part of the Hydro Engineerin
Emerson - Ivyland, Pennsylvania - beBee S2
Job Description FirstEnergy at a Glance FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Oh
FirstEnergy Corp. - Holmdel, Nj - beBee S2
Job Description Engineer Mechanical Engineer Quality Engineer Our client located in South Jersey is currently looking for a Quality Engineer to report dire
Synerfac - Florence, Nj - beBee S2